[cod] 1.3 patch

Lestat lestat at aresgames.com
Thu Jun 22 13:35:45 EDT 2006

Completly agree

No hoster would like to get unstable binaries that can crash the server or
even crash the machine but some binaries that can be used on "production"...
Even if some can do beta testing with some machine for that it is not
realistic and would be Hell on Support with bad-crashing binaries (even if
our God Ryan never make so bad bins).

I prefert to wait a bit and get a stable version insteed of getting a
unstable...
Think about the situation: player know it is no linux binaries so they know
they have to wait and it is not so difficult to reverse 1.3-1.2 (like for
1.0-1.2 juste need to remplace the .exe and dll) and they are now used to
the fact that they better wait until update theyr game...
If you got some beta binaries you would got lot of players wanting the
update and getting bad-unstable server so mean unhappy players that will
come on the support asking why it is not working (they don't look about
stable/unstable just it exist or not)...

We have no real choice except to wait and hope it comes fast but this is
"only" a bug correction not a big patch like 1.2 that contains new maps or
big bug correction that are more difficult to manage with players...

Even if this is still sad that Editors just don't want to change theyr mind
on linux's server importance into theyr selling marketing...