[cod] 1.3 patch

stalvi stalvi at tek.iarc.uaf.edu
Tue Jun 20 15:34:50 EDT 2006

> Might want to check your figures. Pre v1.3 3/4 of ALL CoD2 servers
> where Linux based.

Where did you see that figure.  Since COD 2 was released I've only
seen a few linux servers show up in the scans.  I'm genuinely
interested where the numbers come from.   I do have an open mind and
will admit my mistakes.

Another aspect is that IW and AV makes money off selling the game,
which is Windows based (Aspyr develops/sells the Mac port).  Sure,
you and I can see that if they supported Linux 100%, that the servers
would get upgraded and they would sell more copies of the games, but
do they see that?

I wonder how often AV has thought about moving to a business model
more like Sony or EA Games for their servers.  That would be sad day
for all the users, but it could happen.   $1.6 million per month is a
figure I heard that EA Games makes off of just BF 2 servers.