[cod] 1.3 patch

Eduardo E. Silva esilva at silvex.com
Tue Jun 20 11:37:23 EDT 2006

All of the contacts are on the little booklet that comes with every COD
version. I wokred for av as a UNIX admin in their HQ. I have mailed some
of my friends asking about issues with PB, LINUX etc etc.
They
only time they responded, was when we were face to face (lunch reunios
etc.)
Try emailing the president of IW and Activison's
president. Perhaps if we get an article published in a major magazine
might be a better aproach.
Or like I suggested. Lets call a
strike for ALL AV games, but not for a day -- a whole week or weekend.
NewLight Systems wrote:
> Hey boys, I think that the
best way is to join all of us in this case.
> With

statistics of servers ( windows Vs Linux ), and "signatures" on
one web or
> similar, will make more effect than 10 mails to AV
with the same thing (
> blocking mail is very easy )
>
> So if anyone have contacts with AV and reflect that, maybe the
utopic
> "sync" win/linx updates could be reached.
>
> Anyway, AV have the last word, and maybe they have
contracts with
> Microsoft
> or anything else, I am hoster
and the cure is to pass servers to windows,
> so I have to buy
more windows SO's, or I will loose clients.

19/06/2006, you wrote:
>>Sadly it is utopic because it will
always be some people that would get
>>all the server needed on
and player would just go on them...
>>It don't only need hoster
but player together for makes it work... And
>> you
>>know how players wants everything fast and don't really care
about wich
>>hoster do it if they can play on the game they
bought...

>>Anyway it is too late, Activasion
sold already almost 90% of what they
>>will sale for COD2 so
why they would really care to release patch and
>>about
complain of player/hoster?

>>Since this happend
with almost every games (Steam is an exception even if
>>it
have other problem) I think it is made in purpose for strange reasons
>>(pushing from Microsoft for exemple to try to get Hoster to go
windows
>> and
>>bought thousand licences and kill a
bit more Linux) or Publisher must be
>>really stupid, deaf,
dumb and blind for not seeing what happend

From:
"Ploppy" <ploppy at xde.nl>
<cod at icculus.org>
>>Sent: Monday, June 19, 2006 3:26
PM
>>Subject: Re: [cod] 1.3 patch
>>

>>>Well the idea is good, but, I think they read
this list, don't you
>>> think?
>>>About the
donation, Ryan told us allready that he is getting paid. I
>>> think
>>>we will have to wait, until they
release it (if they do).

>>>For the future
to avoid these things, I think it would be wise to unite

as
>>>gamehosters. I don't have the answere atm, but we have
some power as
>>>hosters. If we work together as a front and
setup a package of demants
>>> to a
>>>game,
before we are going to host anything. This will only work if 80%
>>>agrees to that. I know we want to make money, but think of
it as a
>>> longterm
>>>investment.
>>>
>>>It's just a thought, dont' shoot me :),
but maybe we can think something

Message --------
>>>From: cod at icculus.org
>>>To: cod at icculus.org <cod at icculus.org>
>>>Subject: Re: [cod] 1.3 patch
>>>Date: 19/06/06
16:39

out of Ryan's hands, and out of IW's
to convince Activision.

Activision.com, select your country, then choose

&quot;contact&quot;
>>>at
bottom of the page (not sure where on the page it will be outside

than COD2... Now
1.3 linux patch.  Be polite!

everyone on this mailing list does it, someone will notice.

wrote:
> [...]
way, our life would be much more
>>>pleasant
understanding.