[Fwd: Call of Duty 2 Linux Patch 1.3 Delays]

Gavin Westwood cod2 at kethiel.org.uk
Mon Jun 19 11:22:19 EDT 2006

This is what I've sent them...

Gavin

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Call of Duty 2 Linux Patch 1.3 Delays
Date: 	Mon, 19 Jun 2006 16:19:30 +0100
From: 	Gavin Westwood <cod2 at kethiel.org.uk>
To: 	support at activision.co.uk

Dear Sir/Madam.

I'm writing to you regarding Activision's policy of not officially
supporting Linux, and of the long wait times between Windows patch
releases for CoD2 and the long wait for the Linux server release.

I believe that it would be in the interest of both Activision and those
running CoD2 servers that both Windows and Linux patch versions should
be released simultaneously, instead of the current long wait after the
Windows version for Linux releases to be developed, tested, and
released, during which patched clients cannot use the unpatch Linux servers.

I am happy that Activision have actually provided a Linux server, but it
is my opinion that Activision should provide more support and resources
for the Linux server version and should also consider the growing number
of Linux desktop users, rather than considering it as just a niche market.

Please pass these comments to the appropriate person or department to
make them aware that there are quite a number of us of this opinion who
run CoD2 servers and thus drive interest in your games.  If these issues
continue, it's likely that they will drive us away from your products,
reducing the interest for users to buy them too.

Yours Faithfully

Gavin Westwood
A CoD2 Server Host