[cod] 1.3 patch - Donate - Pay Ryan

Gavin Westwood cod2 at kethiel.org.uk
Mon Jun 19 09:55:48 EDT 2006

Josh Hyatt wrote:
> How about this.... Ryan is waiting for AV to pay him for his work right? Why
> don't we all just pitch in and donate and pay Ryan ourselves that way he
> wont have to worry about waiting for activision to pay him before he leaks
> the patch out we will go ahead and pay him now for his work that we are all
> so grateful for.

I like everyone else here am also impatient for the release of 1.3 for
Linux, however I don't think this is the answer.

If you persuaded Ryan to leak it by paying him what you get in
donations, he is likely to get sacked by his employer for breach of
contract (both with them and with Activision), perhaps even be sued for
much more than he's likely to receive in donations.  That and no longer
having a job, the donations would probably not be enough to tide him
over till he can find new work.

I'd suggest that people use the previous posters suggestion of lobbying
Activision en-mass, although how much notice they take of this remains
to be seen...

Gavin