The importance of simultaneous releases

Steven Hartland killing at multiplay.co.uk
Thu Jun 8 12:45:40 EDT 2006

For those that still don't get it, even though this has been gone over
time and time again. I'll spell if out for you in simple terms.

Delaying the release of a patch for a few days so that ALL versions
are ready has NO impact on the community. Releasing it before this
time pisses off:
* Clans who cant play on their clanservers
* The public who cant play on public's
* GSP's who have to explain why they cant upgrade their servers when
the patch is "out".

Its a loose loose situation, where as a small delay to get ALL versions
ready is a WIN WIN situation.

So for those that made the mistake AGAIN, please consider your actions
next time before you piss off a 75% of the community. YES that's 75% of
your servers run on Linux the last time I checked so doing a win32 only
release has massive implications.

    Steve