AW: [cod] 1.3 patch the good and bad - iwd check sum will not be fixed.

[OL]YODA yoda at opferlamm-clan.de
Wed Jun 7 11:37:02 EDT 2006

What about taking the CoD2-DVD (or -CDs whatever you have wasted your money
for) and put it into the trash can?

Sorry, but will it ever run smooth? Our forum is full of questions - iwd sum
name mismatch, PB GUIDs, udpdating problems with PB for servers and for
clients (ever tried the ingame update option? Doesn´t seem to work very
well), DirectX 9-problems, connection problems and so on... What about the
last errors in Q3-Engine, will this be handled, too? I don´t believe that
CoD2 is secure til a test has proven it, I wish I had the knowledge to test
it... (And what about CoD and UO, there are running servers, too, and there
are also bad bugs, will it be a unrealistic dream to get an update for this?
Oh, yes, I think so, ´cos you can´t make money anymore with this games...)

MapPacks, nice thing, we use one, too - ours has 85MB - our server has a lot
of visitors and we pay the traffic by ourselves - and we have no unlimited
traffic. We are thinking about to close our server or secure it with a
password, as we don´t see any sense in this all - if you change the server
you have to download maps you still have downloaded several times, as
everyone seems to use an own MapPack and own MODs... And admins who save the
maps into main-folder are helping very well to create the iwd sum name
mismatch error, really nice thing... This can´t be the right way...
If you make an update of the MapPack, then a lot of people have to download
it - and again the traffic goes up...

Just a question: CoD - pk3 sum name mismatch - isn´t it the same error like
in CoD2 iwd sum name mismatch?
Why didn´t they think for it while programming CoD2? They fixed it in CoD,
so why they can´t do now? There were able toe recreate the mistake, so they
should be able to patch it again...

We have tried to get contact to AV as we didn´t get any answer in the
IW-Nations-Forum - AV answered by asking for my phone number and that´s it -
they tried to call me onle ONE time (and they knew I am not at home when
they called) no more calls, no mail, no letter - nothing then silence since
two months after receiving our letter - AV and IW seem to have no interest
in helping their CUSTOMERS, so why should we do more and more work if we can
expect nothing then only more problems we have to deal alone with?

Thomas
aka [OL]YODA
www.opferlamm-clan.de