[cod] 1.3 patch the good and bad - iwd check sum will not be fixed.

Dave Whitney whitney321 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 7 10:46:12 EDT 2006

Just a thought...

Since the admins handle most of the costs of bandwidth, how about admin's creating a consensus driven map pack.  Pick a target size, and put enough maps in it to satisfy that volume.  Update it based on interest with a new version (this satisfies those who's fav's aren't picked 1st).  Maybe do a tag in the server's id line, ala mohaa and ckr1.1?

Dave

Quint van Drosthagen <cod at se-easy.net> wrote: The good news is that a lot of users will go to the 1.3 patch with these
fixes... The bad news is that we are getting stuck with a big problem
because combining means that a lot of servers are having the same maps
combined in different names mappacks... So downloading will be a hell. (my
mappack is about 60MB)

But now the bigger question... Nice that these fixes will arise in 1.3 but
when will the fix be released... I can't find any news on that.

Regards
Quint