Logging facility...

Andre Lorbach alorbach at ro1.adiscon.com
Wed Jul 26 03:33:35 EDT 2006

Hi all,

it would be great to get some official statement about the logging
facility of CallofDuty2!
Since the patch 1.2, so the so called circular logging "bug" was
introduced. We all know that we can disable it by setting the punkbuster
pb_sv_logsync to 0. When the 1.3 patch came out nothing changed, and the
Windows Version went even worse. Many people are complaining that the
Windows Server is locking the logfile for read access. Thats another
issue and not really related to this list, just wanted to mention it.

If it is not a bug, please tell us it isn't one, it is a feature. For
stats application writters it is a little bit difficult now to analyse
logfiles. Circular logs requires a total different way of logfile
analysis. A clear statement about this issue would be great.

thank you!
deltaray