[cod] [COD] SMP Kernels

Carlo carlomoretto at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 11:08:49 EST 2006

Installed non smp kernel and tried using taskset but it doesnt seem to be
working

Here is what I did:

Prompt>taskset -p 03 4368
pid 4368's current affinity mask: 1
pid 4368's new affinity mask: 1

Prompt>taskset -p 02 4368
pid 4368's current affinity mask: 1
pid 4368's new affinity mask: 1

You can see that it wont set it to anything but 1. Also, when I issue the
following command:

cat /proc/cpuinfo

Only 1 processor is showing...what can I do to resolve this (apart from
using an smp kernel!)

Thanks