[cod] Need Help

Steve Chestnut s.chestnut at comcast.net
Fri Jan 20 23:15:45 EST 2006

If you have SFTP access to the install, a gui util such as WinSCP will allow you to access the directory containing the lnxded file. You will want to set the permission based on who you want to be able to execute it. With SFTP access and WinSCP, it's as simple as right clicking on the file and setting the execute value to owner, group and/or other.

If you are using a command line interface utility, you would want to set the octal value using the chmod command. A good general reference and explanation can be found here: http://www.ss64.com/bash/chmod.html .

Feel free to email me directly if you still have problems.