[cod] Output directory redirection

DaesDemon daesdemon at free.fr
Fri Feb 3 07:09:59 EST 2006

Equipa Comercial wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your code :) i guess what was missing in mine was the sudo
> permissions eheheh gonna try it tomorrow.
> I think you should create a directory below the root dir (maybe
> /home/xxxx) to run cod server and you should also create a user to run
> it. More secure i think
>
> Regards
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "DaesDemon" <daesdemon at free.fr>

Oki i get it.
For nobody to sudo with the home directory of serverAdmin : add option
-H to sudo line like this:
sudo -H -u serverAdmin $command
That way the home dir is changed and so, serverAdmin under nobody have
the rights on his own home directory and cod2_lnxded launch correctly
(ouf, i thought i will never get this one).
So it works now
The code is obviously only for one server as the pkill kill all the
cod2_lnxded process ;)
Another more evolve solution would be to get the correct id another way

Regards and thanks.