which linux distribution for a cod2 gameserver

::DFC::MacBooom[NL] macbooom at dutchfightclub.nl
Mon Aug 14 10:08:46 EDT 2006

Hello all,

In a few months we are having our own clan lanparty (55 members)

Before I always ran my lan server on a windows installation.

But I want to set it up this time on a linux box.

But there are that many different linux distribution, so that makes it hard
to choose which I want to use for the cod2 (lan)server.

Box specs:

Amd 3200+xp athlon

1 gig of corsair memory

6800 NU moded to a oc GT.

Hdd Maxtor 80GB and 40GB

Just tested yesterday with the old windows box and with 8 players on it I
have a cpu load of 5 to 9 %.

Should it also be possible to run 2 * 20 slots servers on this box under
linux, with PB enabled?

Regards,

MacBooom