changing server IP address?

luke at techfreak.org luke at techfreak.org
Wed Aug 2 16:31:53 EDT 2006

Hey all,

We have a relatively succesful COD2 server and might need to move to a new
server within our DataCenter - which unfortunately would mean a new IP
address.

Obviously, I want to avoid disrupting the flow of players to the server as
much as possible. Are players 'favorites' servers that are IP-based or
name-based? Anyway to deal with this? Forwarders?

In the past, changing a popular servers IP was a big mistake since people
had to relocate the server based on its new IP. Is thsi still a big issue?

Thanks,

Luke