[cod] License info?

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at icculus.org
Mon Apr 17 17:50:37 EDT 2006

> I am looking for info on the licensing for the Linux bins for cod &
> cod2. Does anyone know if they are gpl, freeware, public domain or the
> person that wrote them. The readme points to several websites but as of
> yet, I have not found anything about the license. I want to include it
> with a Free Linux distro I am working on.

They are not open source in any way, in terms of source licensing.

The original package can be freely distributed, but you need a legal
retail copy of the game for data files in any circumstances, and I'm not
sure if the lawyers would care about repackaging the original files.

I'm not a lawyer, and I don't control the rights to this software, so
don't take this as good advice.  :)  I just port the Windows source to
Linux.

--ryan.