[cod] Gamestate error

Cpt. Kirk cpt.kirk at cod-uo.net
Mon Apr 17 04:56:14 EDT 2006

Pale Horse schrieb:
> While this is a bit off the mark for a Linux topic, it does seem to be
> affecting us as well as Windoze. Despite the announcement by the IW PR
> man 402 that the new gamestate for 1.2 has been upped to 128k, the
> game still chokes with a parse gamestate error message at the 16k
> level (16384 bytes to be precise) on both OS's.
>
> My question is simply is this an issue that may be able to properly
> implemented in the "official" 1.2 Linux release if it was sloppy
> coding or compilation for the Windoze release? Or was the official
> statement merely well intended but incorrect information? I suppose
> only Ryan can say for sure as he handled the port but has anyone else
> encountered this
The official statement is incorrect. A lot of mappers and modder proofed
that. The thread at the "official forum" IWN was wiped out from any
critical comments, more than the half where deleted. IW needed 6 month
to realese that patch. Most bugs and glitches reported by the community
are still there. 16 kb <> 16kB. A patch 1.3 is needed. My ETA "early"
2007;-)