logs folder in .callofduty2/main

Henri Mecklin // Coixi coixi at pelikaista.net
Fri Apr 14 10:30:42 EDT 2006

Hi,

I'm running two linux servers, both with 1.2a binaries. Both are using
same commindline arguments in startup:

cod2_lnxded +set sv_punkbuster 1 +exec server.cfg +set +set g_log
"games_mp.log" +set g_logSync "1" +set logfile "1" +map_rotate

Both servers are running the same configuration and same mods
(shellshock removal and nofog). The weird thing is that soon after the
server start, my second server creates a "logs" dir into
.callofduty2/main folder (fs_homepath / profilefolder) and adds
000000<random_number>.log file in there. The logfile contains basic
games_mp.log info, joins, quits, kills, etc.

I really have no idea why the 1st server doesn't that but 2nd does.

Specifications of the servers:

Server 1:
 - P4 2,8GHz
 - Linux version 2.6.8-1-k7, gcc 3.3.4 (Debian)

Server 2:
 - AMD Sempron 2800+
 - Linux version 2.6.8-1-k7, gcc 3.3.4 (Debian)

I am aware that one of my friend has this problem aswell (problem
because i haven't heard about his nor wanna use this 'feature'). Have
you discovered samekinda problem my fellow admins? :)

 - Coixi