[cod] Linux beta server problems

Mark J. DeFilippis defilm at acm.org
Sat Oct 29 22:06:13 EDT 2005

Yea, you are likely right. I see dual core procs as an
interim step. HT technology has been around a while.
Why it took processors so long to support the bus
technology I have no idea.  Nvidia used HT back on
the old Geforce2 MX 4X AGp. before AMD did on their
processors, and it is their technology as U pointed out! :)

But it is here, and along with it, the price tag. Hammer
processors next, ultimately we may get to MOBO's that are
5"x5" with all integrated interfaces, elimination of NB/SB chips...
We have a ways to go.

All I know, is the constant change keeps me poor. ;-)

Mark

Mark J. DeFilippis, Ph. D EE          defilm at acm.org
                                       defilm at ieee.org