[cod] Linux beta server problems

Mark J. DeFilippis defilm at acm.org
Sat Oct 29 13:23:21 EDT 2005

Geez, this is funny Steve.....

We refer to Int P4 2.6Ghz/*00Mhz FSB, 2GB Ram  as a
"slow machine". :)  Oh My... ;-)  This means dual 2.4's
are ready for the Smithsonian net to the PC-XT and PC-Jr ;-))

Well The clan wants me to kill all 11 of {TRv}'s Vservers
and leave 1 COD Match, 1 COD HQ  Vserver and bring
up 3 COD2 servers.

So I am moving the COD to the single 3.2Ghz P4, 1GB Ram,
and going to load the 3 Vservers on the Quad CPU 3.2Ghz
server with 4GB Ram. RH ES 2.4 with latest 2.6SMP Kernel
(seen as 8 Virtual CPU's)

I also loaded all my own files, feel the same way as Jay
although on dual Internet load balanced cable it took
only 8 hours or I suspect it would have taken 15 hours
based on a 512Kbs uplink.

I will post stats and stuff here later for the Quad, and
to make it more like many servers out there a Dual CPU
(4 virtual CPU) by taking 2 CPU's off line. I am interested
in what others are seeing as there has not been much
talk about this, and it was a HOT potato (or Potatoe for the
Dan Quale fans) in UO..

Jay, what are you getting on those Quad CPU Power-house
Tyan's??  And don't be shy... I am starting from scratch, so
if you have a nice config (And I know you do ;), can U shoot
it to me so I am not up to 4am? :(  Thanks. I know Ya tha man. :)

Mark

Mark J. DeFilippis, Ph. D EE          defilm at acm.org
                                       defilm at ieee.org