Linux beta server problems

Tamas KOZAK briwe at ideaweb.hu
Sat Oct 29 11:13:34 EDT 2005

I've found 4 problems till now on our CTF server.

(test machine: Intel p4 2.6 GHz/800mhz, 2gigs ram, 2.4.31 kernel (SMP
enabled).)

The first is that default_mp.cfg doesn't seem to take effect. When the
server starts up and execuetes the default cfg, nothing changing
although it seems to be successful. "Exec something.cfg" is working fine.

Second: Clients with rate 5000 are starting to lag if more than 16
clients online. Increasing the rate to 25000 solves the issue.

Third: The server eats too much CPU time (14%) if only 2-3 clients are
connected. Now it's handling 28-29 clients and using 40% of the CPU.

4th: I can add extra slots to the server anytime, but if i try to
decrease maxclients the server responds with "sv_maxclients will be
changed upon restarting." but nothing happens even if I apply a
map_restart.

I hope i'm mistaken ;)

Regards,
briwe