[cod] unofficial unofficial linux build

Steven Hartland killing at multiplay.co.uk
Fri Oct 28 08:49:24 EDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ryan C. Gordon" <icculus at clutteredmind.org>

>> Wonder why Ryan didn't give us this? Did he explain this to us is his
>> encoded cheese & wine routine with the Doc?
>
> I was a little surprised to see it, too...it's still in QA at
> Activision, and they gave me grief for releasing the original COD
> binaries without their permission. Bryan must be braver than I am.  :)

That's a real shame as I would be really surprised if issues aren't found
and fixed quicker with the expertise of the guys on this list and in any
QA department.

Publishers should be actively encouraging early visibility of the
server so that when release time comes its as stable and bug
free as possible.

    Steve / K