[cod] The affects of seperate launch dates

Mark J. DeFilippis defilm at acm.org
Thu Oct 27 19:59:56 EDT 2005

Sure they do.  The guys in desktop support offered me the cracked version
of COD2
last week along with BF2: Special Forces add on, cracked, with key generators!

Where do they get this from?  I know BF2 SF is not due until Mid November!

Great game. What a let down.  Sadly, I can't recommend this game for
multi-play.  Why don't they just shoot themselves in the head day 1?

Don't they do market research?  I participate in studies as a SME (Subject
matter expert) in my field all the time. These studies ask tons of questions
before they release a product.  Doesn't the gaming industry do this?? It
would appear NOT.

I will have to say  Fun single player FPS, no doubt. But Multiplayer is doomed.
No anti-cheat.  There were other options other than punkbuster (Look at
DOD:S)...

Well, that resolves one issue.... I no longer give a damn when or if they
publish the
linux server.  I am done, and watch, so is MP COD2.  It just lost it's big
chance for
a come back.  Oh, there will be servers, but not the support it could have had.
What a shame.  Fire that guy.

Mark J. DeFilippis                    defilm at acm.org
                                       defilm at ieee.org