[cod] OK...CoD2 is out...where is the Linux Server

Mark J. DeFilippis defilm at acm.org
Tue Oct 25 18:14:18 EDT 2005

I see people playing. I see servers.
However, my other 3 pre-order COD2 are due in to my local EBGAMES
@ work tomorrow..  So I would bet the masses don't have it yet...

But heck, I will put up the Linux server as soon as it is ready. ;-)

TWL opened the COD2 ladders on the 16th for founders to sign
up their teams.  They have now opened up the ladders for members
to sign up.

But I must say... when COD and UO came out, hordes of teams moved
to the ladders. TDM had 350+ teams. HQ had 200+.  The new COD2
HQ ladder has less than 20 teams signed up. TDM < 50.

I don't think people are excited.  I sure see lots playing FEAR.... :(

If the server is out within a few days I would think server resellers would
be in great shape compared to COD and COD:UO.....  Lets just hope
it is, and that it is awesome enough to get people excited enough to
join the competitions...

Mark

Mark J. DeFilippis,                   defilm at acm.org
                                       defilm at ieee.org