[cod] monitoring script

Mark J. DeFilippis defilm at acm.org
Tue Oct 18 22:37:16 EDT 2005

Different flavors of linux have a few hundred differences
in lib inclusion, resolution, POSIX compliancy, or backward
compatibility, all the things that various linux distributions put in
"their version" to make "their's special".

It is like pulling any package off the Internet that was not
specifically coded for your version of Linux.

You only have to be concerned if you run the install, and
after it runs the make, if something blows up,  well, it is
time to go in and fix what is broken.

That is what we do.... (Most authors will write code only
for the versions of Linux they have.  Move the code from
Fedora core, to RH ES2.4 to FreeBSD, and I suspect you
will be dropping some #ifdef's in there, or other changes...

As for Jay's original mods, I don't know. Maybe he remembers,
but I suspect similar... I don't remember...  I have a hard enough
time remembering what meetings I went to yesterday...

In one.. out the other.... :)

Mark J. DeFilippis                    defilm at acm.org
                                       defilm at ieee.org