[cod] monitoring script

Mark J. DeFilippis defilm at acm.org
Tue Oct 18 22:23:12 EDT 2005

Yes, that is called "Work for Hire".  You were paid for that time,
therefore you don't own
what you created, your employer does.  When I started as a programmer for
Reuters
developing a major portion of their market data ticker plant distribution,
I could not
release any of that either.

Too bad, some of the ideas were mine, developed on company time.
One program called the "Agent", was an general API for multiple protocols.
(Before XML was even an acronym, and companies needed a way to communicate
market data to one anothers, a multi-billion dollar company was grown out of
that idea.) But I couldn't take it to market. I did it as a work for hire.

The link I provided is open source with  requirements like most open source.
The modified version I provided to a group of people that sent me email IMHO
works better.

Your inability to provide a solution is understood.  I have made good on
the link,
and the compilation tar, which was shortened from daemontools to dtools.
(Who wants to type all that...).

It is done. People have what they need.  I think I have apologized for my PMS.

Lets move on to "Where do we stand on the COD2 Linux server"?

Mark J. DeFilippis                    defilm at acm.org
                                       defilm at ieee.org