[cod] Need to know

stalvi stalvi at tek.iarc.uaf.edu
Fri Oct 7 13:16:06 EDT 2005

> If games continue to move towards the WOW model, or
> the "Ranked" vs "Unranked" model, I am quitting
> and going back my old Atari 800.  Basic stuff, but at
> least the old stuff had some entertainment value.... :)

Well that's drastic.  :-)

It won't play CoD though.  One thing about the current stuff is that
it will be around for a while.   You can still find Quake I and II
servers all over the place and wow do those games really fly on new
hardware!!

I remember playing Marathon on an old Mac IIci (68030 25 Mhz) and
when I upgraded to a 8600 (604e 150 Mhz) oh boy!

Just imagine playing those games you played on a Pentium (original!)
running at 100 Mhz with a HUGE 8 MB video card on any of todays
stuff.   Ha ha.