[cod] Need to know

Mark J. DeFilippis defilm at acm.org
Thu Oct 6 07:56:19 EDT 2005

Bite your tongue!  NO WAY!

If they adopted the "WOW" model of MMORPG's, I won't even put it up
or buy the game. "WOW" may be pulling in $MIL's at first, but if you
notice after Matrix online, ALL newer MMORPG's have $0 monthly fee
and WOW is  OOOPS, losing market share big time.

If you are going to "charge to play", I expect your servers will be empty
and I am glad it is not my venture cap. in there.  Especially when so
many gaming resellers, like the ones on this list, put up large ones
for free, which aids in the sales of servers to gaming clans.

That is the COD model.  If it is like MMORPG, or like "EA" Registered
vs. "Unregistered"  it is dead already.  Join the BF2 list, and look
at what they are saying... ALL the non-registered servers are empty,
killing the COD type gaming model, and at about the same time BF2
has a add-on coming out that everyone is excited about...  "Yawn".

Dr. D

Mark J. DeFilippis, Ph. D EE          defilm at acm.org
                                       defilm at ieee.org