[cod] DMW Anti-Cheat

Mark J. DeFilippis defilm at acm.org
Wed Nov 16 22:28:42 EST 2005

Well, I bought that domain, and I will be happy with any A/C system.

If you think about it, ATCV must have wanted to do something
they felt was better than PB or it seems it would be easy to have
done PB.  The system by Garetjax sounds promising.  There have
a few options. I would think PB would have been the easiest and
least costly.

Honestly they have always come through before.  They have earned
the right of some time IMHO.  We don't have our first patch yet. (Can't
count 1a).
which is a real credit to the job ACTV did, and Ryan of course
on the Linux binary.

But in about a year, if you still feel this way, you can pick up the
domain as I don't think I will be renewing it. ;-) lol..

ACTV and IFW have always been open. There has to be some
reason they don't wish to disclose at this time.  Steve, Jay, and a
few others have written open emails on this list, and there was no
response (on the list anyway).  It is uncharacteristic, so they must
have a reason.  Perhaps to not give the hackers a jump start.
I saw cheats for COD2 the day the game came out in stores ;-))
Geez, they had be be modifying their cheats based on picking
apart the demo...

Mark