[cod] COD2 development

Steven Hartland killing at multiplay.co.uk
Sat Nov 12 12:50:46 EST 2005

Sounds like you dont understand how things work very well there.

FreeBSD's linux support is an ABI and as such is not an emulation.
Its often the case that FreeBSD runs linux apps under less CPU
than linux does. I did quite a few tests some time back specifically
with game servers. The results can still be found here:
http://gaming.multiplay.co.uk/stats/server_os_comparison.htm

Native compiles of games would be nice but we will always
prefer developers spend their key time getting linux builds
optimised and stable than doing native FreeBSD builds if
resources are too limited to fit both in.

    Steve / K