[cod] Possible Crash Hack?

Mark J. DeFilippis defilm at acm.org
Sun Nov 6 21:30:47 EST 2005

Well honestly the way this binary went up, it may have a few "old ones"
slip back in, but it has been very smooth.  My hat is off to Ryan as
usual.

We are in all, pretty good shape considering we don't even have
our first patch yet.

A patch that resolves the crashing is so critical because there are
just so many idiots out there.  It can't be for bragging rights. No one
will call you a brain surgeon for crashing a server with a "say" command. ;-)

Some Anti-Cheat, and we are green.  I have noticed that the proliferation
of the PB petition is all over the place. I wonder just how many have
signed it??

As far as CPU, I had a full 32 man server, and one CPU was at 18%.
10 On, 5%.  With the clan requesting only 5 servers, I think I have
a lot of cpu's spinning doing nothing.

The game is a blast.  Nice ACTV!  You actually made HQ better,
and actually made Carentan better. I didn't think that could be done... :)

Thanks.  I love ya's again.  But I would really love ya's more if you
give us anti-cheat.  Per comments here on the list, PB isn't great,
but it is better than none.  If there is an alternate that is better
coming, we will wait.  Just would be nice to hear something
so my inner child (44 y/o tomorrow, PH. D, going on 14 because
you can't take the "boy" out of the man.) is as excited as a 8 y/o
opening his birthday gifts. ;-)

Md

Mark J. DeFilippis, Ph. D EE          defilm at acm.org
                                       defilm at ieee.org