[cod] guid numbers missing

BludGeonT[EUG] bludgeont at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 01:42:13 EST 2005

Even if they were cheating, how would you REALLY know without PB? Sure you
might be able to visually see an older version aimbot that jerks around, but
what about wallhacks? how could you really tell. And what is the point of
having a GUID when there is no PB to utilize it. Being that Punkbuster uses
the pb_sv_guidrelax variable to control unique GUIDs, etc; and being that
there is no Punkbuster, I'll bet one CDKEY could be used in multiple places
at once.
 I feel abandoned as their focus is probably on XB360 or PS3. After all this
time and waiting to only see the many prevalent problems that exist now, and
how can we expect these things to be fixed anytime soon or at all based on
their track record.
 Anyway;
 My advice to get rid of people that you think are cheating, and if you are
running on linux, you can null route their IPs gathered by a /rcon status
command; example
 # /sbin/route add 24.24.24.24 <http://24.24.24.24> gw
127.0.0.1<http://127.0.0.1>
 (Must be root) and in this example, 24.24.24.24 <http://24.24.24.24> now
has their traffic routing to the machines' loopback address, ie: your server
disappears off the Earth to them.
 Some linux flavors such as RedHat WS3 & 4, you can use the reject command
for even better results.
 # /sbin/route add 24.24.24.24 <http://24.24.24.24> reject
  you can then view your null routes and other routes by issuing
 netstat -rn
  You can also accomplish this using iptables - with linux there are many
options.
 Later
  BludGeonT