[cod] IS COD and other FPS's DEAD? On topic and off topic unfortunately!

BludGeonT[EUG] bludgeont at gmail.com
Sat May 28 12:25:16 EDT 2005

What is needed is a mixture of COD, BF1942, BF2, and all those put
together to make a massive, persistent world of fighting.   Where you
go to sleep one night, and wake up to notice your alliance has long 2
miles of front line.

World War II online was a futile attempt to get this done.  Being a
huge booth at E3 last year, this year they were no where to be found.
  It is just a matter of time before the real nextgen video games hit
- with computers getting faster and faster, video cards getting better
and better, game makers are leaving the Q3 engine and all like it in
the dust, going with the DoomIII engine, hybrids of Doom III engine,
CryTek engines, etc.

We all crave a game that has the graphics of COD and the like, but the
scalability of having hundreds if not thousands of people playing is
what we really want.  WWII oline was a good idea, but the graphics
were horrible.  The best they could do with teh technology they had.

So after getting whooped by Fatal1ty at E3 in DM-Compressed in UT2K4,
I wont share the score but it was a skunking, and for everyone that
played against him, EVERYONE, Im back into the UT2K4 world, and moving
around the Q3 engined games again, the ones I love.

One more thing, Star Wars: Battlefront.  This game was released some
time ago, and it is cross platform.  You can play in on PC against
Xbox and PS2 players.  Console players have an extra set of characters
in front of their name, signifying they are console, but not like you
need that.  You ever tried playing a first person shooter on a
console, more directly, ever tried to AIM?  Ever watched someone try
to hit you while they use a console, when you are on a keyboard and
mouse running circles around them?  its fun. very fun. lol

Enough, later all

BludGeonT[EUG]
Earthlink Ultimate Gaming
http://www.earthlinkultimategaming.com