[cod] Read Only Problem

Brian Dessent brian at dessent.net
Mon Mar 21 17:34:03 EST 2005

"BludGeonT[EUG]" wrote:

> Sounds like we all love it when cvar names change, especially ones
> that we have become familiar with over the years.  Thanks for the
> information about the cvar name changes.  My only question is, why?
> why change them when so many admin proggys and things that people use
> to admin their servers will now also have to be patched, hacked or
> brought up to current due to this.   Nothing beats straight ol console
> in a screen session, but man - whateva!

They didn't change any cvar names.  The old cvars are still there, but
they're read-only.  That is because of the voting that was added in the
latest patch - the state of the cvars has to be consistent throughout
all the clients and if you could change it server-side it would no
longer be consistent.

To allow the admin to force a change, they added commands (not cvars)
that will force a change.

Brian