newbie installation

Jim Hadfield jim at snowbankih.com
Fri Mar 4 13:44:05 EST 2005

I've been beating my old head against the wall on this.  It is time to
call for help.
I have installed a fresh build of COD 1.5 on a Mandrake server per the
readme file. Yes, I did copy the files from the cd to the appropriate
directories.
I did not find gcc on the server, so I did "urpmi gcc" and then
installed version 3.4.1-4, gcc-cpp, clibc-devel and gcc
I have followed all of the instructions in the readme.. Found several
dirs, .txt and .cfg files missing when I did the initial start-up
./cod_lnxded so I created them, chmod 777 (no docs on this, so I
guessed.

The server loads fine now.  After I enter map mp_chateau I get the
following which has got me stumped..
I have no idea where a log file is being compiled.  The last error says
to "see console for details".  How do I get at the console?  Please bear
with me, I have searched all over for better instructions, etc. but have
not found anything.
Help??

Thanks, Jim

File Handles:
20359 files in pk3 files
Sys_LoadDll(/home/jim/cod/main/game.mp.i386.so)... ok
Sys_LoadDll(game) found **vmMain** at  0x48d2f84c
Sys_LoadDll(game) succeeded!