Bring on COD2... I have had it with EA BF2

Mark J. DeFilippis defilm at acm.org
Wed Jul 27 21:47:50 EDT 2005

O.K.  So I have 3 copies of COD2 on pre-order.

Honestly, I am not thrilled with the way EA is handling BF2.
Great game, but leave it to EA to mis-handle even another
companies development skill and talent. (Of course I am talking
about DICE).  EA... Challenge everything, should be EA...
disregard everything.

It has been so very quiet here, yet COD is in pre-order state,
which is usually a good thing.  (If it were like Valve, then it would
be meaningless of course ;-)) . I would like to think both
the Windows and Linux server is ongoing and we will see them
released at the same time, and the game is coming along nicely.

I would much rather they hold back full release of the product
than see only a partial release, with a delay in the Linux server
like with COD:UO, and the lag, bugs, map tracking issues, etc,
etc...  But it all depends on meeting the release schedule, ad-space,
etc....

Heck, from the trailers I have seen so far, I don't really think it
looks very different.  Maps look different, but so is the setting.
But what about the game is different?  I have not seen this well
defined anywhere.

There was a dramatic change from COD and COD:UO which was
only an "expansion pack".  Based on this, one would expect COD2
to have significant differences, better, and try to keep the server lean...

Jay, Steve?  anyone hear any info/leaks/rumors out of AV? or IW?

With BF2 IMHO a disappointment because of EA's garbage with Ranked/unranked,
and all their other general stupidity, I am ready to dump BF2 and am SOooo
ready for COD2...

Mark

Mark J. DeFilippis, Ph. D EE          defilm at acm.org
                                       defilm at ieee.org