Server crashing

Ricardo Cardoso morgodis at mail.telepac.pt
Sat Jan 15 16:53:07 EST 2005

I have a server running on a game service provider. The OS is linux and I
have both FTP and Shell access. For some reason the server crashes every
22/23h and I can't seem to bring it back up. What is odd thing is that even
when the server is up "ps" doesn't show the process PID so I can't really
kill the process.

I try to run the process again when the server is online but although
everything seems to run fine access is still impossible. In this situation I
have monitored the console through telnet and noticed several people
connecting to it even though myself (and many others) can't scan or connect.

The other issue is that sometimes I run the process and I get this error,
even though that port is supposed to be exclusive to the server:

Opening IP socket: localhost:28960

ERROR: UDP_OpenSocket: bind: Address already in use

Opening IP socket: localhost:28961

ERROR: UDP_OpenSocket: bind: Address already in use

Opening IP socket: localhost:28962

ERROR: UDP_OpenSocket: bind: Address already in use

Opening IP socket: localhost:28963

ERROR: UDP_OpenSocket: bind: Address already in use

Opening IP socket: localhost:28964

Any suggestions or mere explanations would be most welcome.

Thanks,

Ricardo Cardoso