Fedora core 2 problems, or just me ?

Neil Cumming neil.cumming at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Jan 12 18:05:57 EST 2005

Hi.

Not wanting to start a flame war about distribs, but the linux cod uo 1.51
(with the latest posted binaries) just seems to be so unstable under fedora
core 2, the server will crash without notice and just be generally fairly
rubbish. Looking to move forward has anyone experience somthing similar with
fc2, and what distrib should I try next?

My cod setup is standard, cod1.5 and coduo1.51 with the latest b patches
installed on home pc, all uploaded to the linux server (yes it took nearly 2
days!!), and then cod1.5 linux and coduo1.51 patches installed, and the
latest binaries (12212004) installed.

Server startup line:
./coduo_lnxded +set fs_homepath /home/cod/.callofduty +set sv_maxclients 20
+set dedicated 2 +exec dedicated.cfg +map_rotate +set sv_punkbuster 1 +set
net_port 28960 &

In the /home/cod/.callofduty folder i have a main, pb and a uo folder. With
all the updated pk files and so files as needed, and i have copied all the
pk info from the languages folder etc. All the pk files match the md5 sums.

Hope someone knows what im talking about and can offer assistance :(