[cod] Server crash, cpu takes 100%

BludGeonT[EUG] bludgeont at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 13:36:46 EST 2005

Assuming you are using linux, there are scripts that will issue rcon
commands from a command line into your server.  search the web for
rcon.pl or status.pl or webrcon.  There is a switch to status.pl so
that it will test whether a server is up or down.  In this case, when
it is 'wedged' as I calll it, the script will attempt to send a
command or check if the server is up, if it is wedged, consuming 100%
of the CPU and in limbo, the exit code of the script will return a 1,
meaning there was a problem and the rcon command couldnt complete.  My
script then says, well if I cant get a rcon command to answer from the
server, then it must be wedged, and it then kills the screen and
server process, and restarts it....wedgewatch.sh is waht  I called it.
 If you are interested or need further help, Ill provide links to
these programs and something to help you out, good luck

BludGeonT[EUG]
EarthLink Ultimate Gaming
Head Admin / Architect