FS_HandleForFile error?

Luke luke at techfreak.org
Sat Jan 1 17:25:00 EST 2005

Hey all, my cod HQ server keeps dying every 8 hours or so. Here is
the end of the log file. It seems to occur right after a download
request. I do have download redirect enabled and it works fine for
this and all files many times earlier in the same log.....

FILE 50: 'main/zzz_brecourt_winter.pk3'
FILE 51: ''
FILE 52: ''
FILE 53: ''
FILE 54: ''
FILE 55: ''
FILE 56: ''
FILE 57: ''
FILE 58: ''
FILE 59: ''
FILE 60: ''
FILE 61: ''
FILE 62: ''
FILE 63: ''
      cvar set com_errorMessage FS_HandleForFile: none free
********************
ERROR: FS_HandleForFile: none free
********************
----- Server Shutdown -----
Sending heartbeat to codmaster.activision.com
==== ShutdownGame ====
      cvar set sv_running 0

Anybody have a clue what this means? brecourt_winter is a custom
map, but it has run fine in the rotation for most of the day......
then, crash. Same thing happened yesterday, but I dont know if it
was on the same map.

Odd thing is that the process is still running, but the game has
been shut down.....

Luke