[cod] SecurityFocus

Matthew Keen Tali at heavenly-existance.net
Thu Feb 17 19:09:26 EST 2005

The 767bytes is actually how much data is sent to teh server, after the
info request string, so it's in no way to do with how much data comes
back form the server.

The test ranges between 750 -> just ofer 2000 bytes that it sends with
the info string (in total) to try and overflow the server with excess
data (which it was successfully doing on SoF2 servers without the patch,
and tries to do to CoD servers which is a 50/50 chance.)

It's a good thought thou Ian, and thanks for sharing your
testing/fiddling experience with us, maybe it will give some other
people some insight into what is really going worng.

P.S 757bytes is equal to 95characters :) So i highly doubt youd fit a
config into that size