[cod] SecurityFocus

Ian mu mu.llamas at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 14:31:03 EST 2005

I'm not referencing his coding, or even his general whatever. I just
personally think releasing an exploit into the public is stupid, end
of story, would anyone else here do it? We're now starting to see the
effects of it as server after server (patched, again not linux cod
before ppl get worried) go down, and banning people via iptables.

Its kind of the same argument as to why people release bots, so
exploits get covered up. I'm sure he is a genuine nice chap by the
votes of confidence here and even probably had good intention, but
what he did even if by mistake I still retain is stupid, unless
someone can explain how suddenly any average joe being able to take
down tens of thousands of servers is clever.