[cod] SecurityFocus

Ian mu mu.llamas at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 10:45:21 EST 2005

Yup cod is one of the fortunate ones at the moment due to people like
Ryans work so its protected, the patch works on a couple of games, but
most it doesn't (have tried patching a few different games, the patch
itself says its succesful, but you can still take it down with the
exploit, so only way to be sure is to test).

 Shame some of the other games coders aren't so proactive. I believe
someone took out every single EF server with it yesterday, not hard to
just grab IPs from a master server, send a packet to each, 100% DOS on
every single game server which I'm guessing is how it happened. Only
way you can stop some atm is via ipchains that I can think of which is
the way we're doing it for none cod servers. Still totally
irresponsible to release it into the public when you know so many
servers aren't protected. Good for linux cod tho hehe as at least
thats stable (atm) ;).