[cod] Multi-server 1 install, different mods

Ian mu mu.llamas at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 22:21:45 EST 2005

Typically I find multiple installs referencing the same files etc is
ok and no problems. Only problems I've typically found is with files
that are updated/changing often and not consistantly the same and try
to avoid (ie one server doesnt realise a different file has changes as
had nothing to do with it). I.e I would personally avoid things like
referencing the same punkbuster files from different installs, but
fine with referencing pak*.pk3, .so files etc, which can be setup
pretty well with fs_homepath and fs_basepath.

So anything autoupdated by a server etc, keep separate, none changing
files I find are fine and keep linked.

Thats generally my philosophy anyway which seems to keep me out of
problems, but others may naturally have different experiences.