[cod] Multi-server 1 install, different mods

hotrod deathtoll hotrod_death_toll at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 9 09:13:56 EST 2005

Jay I just really had a brain fart, I think it's this
big city stuffy office?? :P  I worked on it a little
this morning and had it working in 5 minutes.  I read
your original email but I just didn't comprehend it at
the time, you know guy thing in one ear out the other.

Today when I was catching up on the emails I seen
Fredric's email and it all clicked.

How it was originally set up
$HOME/cod-server/uo/server.cfg is the config

The homepath pointed to $HOME/cod-server (where the
install is)

Basically I realized that CoD is looking for a similar
dir structure. $HOME/x/cod-server/uo

So I: (I'll list full paths so everyone follows)
## cd ~ ##($HOME for the linux noobs)
## mkdir -p bas/cod-server/uo cod/cod-server/uo
## mv $HOME/cod-server/uo/server.cfg
$HOME/cod/cod-server/uo/server.cfg

That officially move my current server.cfg out of the
install dir to it's new dir.

Then I made a strictly bas server.cfg that I put in
$HOME/bas/cod-server/uo/server.cfg

I copied my script for each server and changed the
following:
For both servers:
+set fs_basepath $HOME/cod-server +set fs_game uo

Each on separate:
+set fs_homepath $HOME/cod/cod-server

+set fs_homepath $HOME/bas/cod-server

Now when I exec my server.cfg in looks to
$HOME/x/cod-server/uo/server.cfg depending on which
script it is.

And if I want to run separate moding tweaks I put them
in the appropriate $HOME/x/cod-server/uo.

Thanks Jay and Fredric!!

Hotrod