[cod] GUID Auth unknown

Nemeth nemeth at jolt.co.uk
Wed Apr 13 19:06:57 EDT 2005

PB has carried out strict GUID Auth checks for a while now. This is
where the PB server gets client GUIDs from Activision's cdkey auth
servers, rather than from the client - which can be spoofed to avoid bans.

The problems at the moment are down to the COD cdkey auth server
(players are also experiencing delays awaiting connection to servers).
We had the same problem back in Feb when PB was updated to kick players
with UNKN GUID by default, and problems with the cdkey auth servers then
resulted in loads of these kicks.

So according to Even Balance it's down to Activision to get this fixed.
In the meantime pb_sv_guidrelax 1 is a temp fix, but once things are
back to normal it's recommended you revert to pb_sv_guidrelax 0 so the
strict GUID validation is enforced again.

Nemeth

Jolt Call of Duty Head Admin & PunksBusted.com Staff
cod.jolt.co.uk - #cod.jolt - punksbusted.com - #punksbusted