[cod] Debian libstdc++.so.5 missing

Daniel M. Temme cod at schlechteverlierer.de
Thu Sep 30 12:56:28 EDT 2004

On Thursday 30 September 2004 18:43, Andre Lorbach wrote:
> Why making it so complicated :|
> Just grabbing the packages manually from the unstable branche,
> installing them and that's it... ;)
> Read my answer to "[cod] Debian help needed" thread...

Well, by far the least complicated is Stevens approach. And I wouldn't
recommend your approach because it will a) probably not work, b) if it works
might very well cause a lot of trouble down the road.

At least my gut tells me that upgrading libc6 without anything else isn't the
most uncomplicated thing to do. Just upgrading to testing is likely less of a
problem. And just dumping the needed library somewhere accessible is
certainly the easiest way.

And with regard to upgrading, http://serios.net/content/debian/upgrade.php
describes what you have to do for that.

Have a nice day