[cod] cpu usage patch? :)

Mark J. DeFilippis defilm at acm.org
Thu Sep 30 07:26:55 EDT 2004

I think at this point, I am going to perhaps consolidate my older servers
on to the one Hyper-threading server, but I think until this server becomes
stable and they work out the issues, I will not be rolling out the Linux
server anytime soon. :-(  Unless an epiphany occurs and they resolve all
these issues.

What I would like to know is, if this binary was running for so long
with no issues before release, what were the exact specs of the
Linux version being run in development?

Thanks

Sort of off topic, but certainly as a "result of" question: (And don't
kill me for mentioning another product please.... I believe the
audience here, admins, are the right people to ask, even if this
is not the proper forum.)

Does anyone know if Brothers in Arms is supposed to have
a Linux based server?  I figure if it takes an extended period of
time, my COD guys are really hot to get their hands on it.
It is all the rage and talk on our website...  This may be
something to at least reduce the pain of UO, until it is worked
out. It won't replace, just like BFV didn't replace BF1942, just dull
the pain.  (I may get no responses, or a barrage, but since it is kind of
improper for this list, please respond direct and not to the list.
My humble thanks.

Dr. D

Mark J. DeFilippis, Ph. D EE          defilm at acm.org
                                       defilm at ieee.org