[cod] Rcon Status Failure

Bryan Kuhn bryan at infinityward.com
Wed Sep 29 23:06:32 EDT 2004

original cod would just send a really big packet and rely on your os/router to fragment it and send it off. Some firewall/routers would drop fragmented packets so it wouldn't work.

We patched cod to do the fragmentation itself so it would send 2 separate udp packets. If they arrive out of order I guess that might be a problem. Hopefully just doing status again would be enough though.