HTTP Redirect for COD:UO

Curtis Brown volfin1 at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 28 22:58:41 EDT 2004

After joining a UO server today, I notices the custom weapons mod downloaded from a website at over 100k per sec instead of the usual 5k.  That lanunched me into a lenghty investigation into how they did this.  I finally discovered that COD:UO has an "undocumented" HTTP Redirect feature:

"is this true is HTTP Redirection in UO?
Well, i guess since the game ships today, i could probably tell you.
sv_wwwdownload 1/0
sv_baseURL <url>   (i.e.  http://yourwebsite.com/custom/ )
sv_dldisconnected 1/0 (disconnects player from your server while downloading)
Also a little bonus from ****** (i think it was him)
By using "_svr_" somewhere in the pak file name, you can flag a pak file as server-only and it will not be downloaded.
Now for the disclaimer: These features are not officially supported by Activision. Please use them at your own risk. "

I have tried it and it works great!