[cod] LAN server attempts heartbeat....

Kenny Southpark afp_kenny at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 28 15:47:41 EDT 2004

Thanks Matthew.

Normally that LAN would have had an ISP but they were in the middle of
changeing it. It just made all the Quake based clients a pain to load...LOL

And I will pass the info on for the server ditching the the master lookup.

----Original Message Follows----

Sorry about throwing this in a seperate email, didnt notice it straight away
;)
Anyway, this was/still is a DNS issue from what Information i've gaterhered
since CoD.
Even possibly a connection timeout as something hasnt replied to the program
saying "No route to host" or "Connection refused"

But I've found LAN's that have a 'properly' setup DNS Server, this doesnt
occur as the DNS server replies with "I dont care, that DNS doesnt exist"
preety much instantly.

Hope this helps!